So you want to get your teeth whitened and you don’t have much time because the big event is tomorrow. Those home whitening kits that take days, and sometimes even weeks, to achieve noticeable results are out of the question. What are your options? Well, we can generalize them into three 1 hr options, in order of most dramatic to least dramatic (but still really dramatic):
1 Hour Power Whitening at the Dentist
For the most dramatic results, go to your dentist and ask for 1 hour power teeth whitening. He/she should know exactly what you mean. This is not the whitening where the dentist sends you home with a custom mold of your teeth and a syringe of carbamide peroxide whitening gel. What we’re talking about here is the hands on, in-office power whitening.
- First the dentist will first apply a gingival barrier to your gums to protect your gums from the powerful bleaching gel. The gel will be in the range of 25% to 38% hydrogen peroxide.
- The gel comes in a two-part system that has to be mixed on the spot and applied directly to the front of each tooth that shows when you smile. The dentist does this with a brush tip attached to the end of the syringe of gel.
- Once each tooth has a full coat of bleaching gel, the dentist will position a powerful, professional teeth whitening light in front of your teeth to enhance the whitening effect of the gel. After 15-20 minutes, the gel is removed and the process is repeated 1-2 more times for a total of 2-3 applications. You may now enjoy your whitest possible smile that you can get in just 1 hour.
1 Hour Whitening at a Salon, Spa or Clinic
Because teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure, many salons, spas, mobile teeth whitening operators, and even designated teeth whitening clinics offer 1 hour laser teeth whitening treatments. The concentration of the hydrogen peroxide gel is 16% so you will get stunning results without the need for a dentist to apply a gingival barrier. The procedure is considered to be “self-administered” in that you will be instructed on how to apply the gel directly to your teeth yourself or you will be given a whitening tray with an even gentler gel – generally 36% carbamide peroxide. Here’s what to expect:
The One and Only 1 Hour Home Teeth Whitening Kit
This kit is NOT for everyone because it contains professional strength 16% hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening gel. If you have sensitive teeth or gums, have never used peroxide-based whitening ingredients, or think you might be allergic to peroxide, do NOT use this kit!
Our Forever White™ 1 Hr Home Whitening Kit has the power to get your teeth dramatically whiter in just 1 hour – at home! It’s the same gel used in The Beaming White System, but instead of a professional teeth whitening light (which is only available at your dentist or a professional teeth whitening service), you’ll be using a music headset with a blue LED home teeth whitening light attached to it. All you have to do is plug in your mp3 player and listening to your favorite music while you brighten your pearlies.
- Get the headset ready to go by plugging in your MP3 player and testing it to make sure all systems are go.
- Insert cheek retractor.
- Brush on gel.
- Turn on the whitening light and listen to music for 20 minutes. Rinse and repeat 1-2 more times for a total of 2-3 20 minute treatments in a row.
For the best results, remember to ALWAYS ASK FOR BEAMING WHITE!